Don’t you just love nice weather? We do! Gardening, picnics, bike riding, boating – the options are endless. Incorporating physical activity into your daily routine is important, no matter how your age. There are immediate and long-term benefits from physical activity. We’ve listed a few below:
Physical exercise will lower:
- The risk of a heart attack.
- Blood cholesterol levels.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Blood pressure.
- The risk of depression.
Physical exercise will increase:
- Building and maintain bones, muscles, and joints.
- The body’s ability to lose or maintain weight.
- And improve brain function.
- Sleep quality.
We suggest that you aim for 30 minutes every day. Regardless of the exercise you choose – be it walking, running, swimming, group exercise, or group sports (to name just a few), remember to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Enjoy the benefits of exercise and have fun!