- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow Squash
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 lemon
All of these veggies are optional, for example I decided to opt out the broccoli in my dish I made.
- Prep all of your veggies but chopping and slicing according to the ingredient list.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan.
- Sauté your zucchini, yellow squash, onion, carrots, and red bell pepper for 5-8 minutes.
- Start a pot to boil water and cook your penne noodles.
- After veggies are being sautéed, add your cherry tomatoes, garlic and seasonings. I used salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Drain cooked penne and make sure to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add cooked penne to the veggies, along with the juice from the lemon, 1/2 cup of pasta water, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and decide if you need to add anymore pasta water or parmesan cheese. This varies from the different size veggies you might have used.
- Optional: garnish with parsley.