Comfort food at its finest. Not only is it an easy meal to make but it is so so tasty! Perfect dinner to make in the fall/winter months or to prepare for a traditional St. Patty's Day Meal! Traditionally Shepherd's Pie calls for lamb, this recipe is using beef which if we are going to use technical terms this meal is called a Cottage Pie. Hope you all enjoy this flavor popping dish!
- 1lb ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 onion -chopped
- 2 carrots -diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups mash potatoes
- On a medium heated pan add a few tablespoons of avocado oil. Avocado Oil is best because it has a higher smoke point when compared to other oils.
- Add the beef and begin to brown.
- Once beef is almost brown add the onions and carrots. Sauté till onions and carrots are softened.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and paprika to your liking for flavor.
- After add flour and mix continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and let everything simmer together for another 2 minutes.
- Pour broth and peas into the filling
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer filling into a baking dish of your choice and let cool.
It is important to let the filling cool to ensure the structure is kept when serving. If that is not important to you then do not worry about letting it cool down completely.
- Top the dish with the mash potatoes.
- Place into a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.