This one pot Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup is a favorite in our household! Not only is it easy to throw together but all the ingredients are organic and nutritious for you! With winter in full swing this is the perfect time for a hearty soup to fill your house with wonderful smells!
- 3 Large Carrots
- 4 Stalks of Celery
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Cup of Whine Wine
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 Cup of Flour
- 1 Pint of Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of Wild Rice
- 5 Cups of cooked and cubed Chicken
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp of Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp of Thyme
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup of Fresh Parsley
- Cook and cube the chicken either in the oven, grill, or stove top.
- Sauté onion, celery and carrots with a tablespoon of avocado oil for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Next add the white wine and garlic and simmer for 3 more minutes or until the liquid reduces about half.
- Add the flour into the pot and stir continuously until translucent.
- Pour 1 cup of water and the chicken broth then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the wild rice, chicken, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Then cover the pot again and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, and fresh parsley. Keep uncovered and simmer for 10 minutes.