Unintentional falls at home are prevalent. Falls are especially common with the elderly although no one is immune to accidental injuries in their own home. We have compiled a few easy tips, as a start, for preventing falls at home. Prevention is always the best medicine.
- Use night lights to highlight pathways, this will make sure you can see where you are walking.
- Try to keep transitions between rooms and flooring as even as possible.
- Keep the stairs and floors clutter free.
- Install handrails on both sides of the stairs, make sure they are securely fastened.
- Have grab bars installed in the shower or tub.
- Put a non-slip mat in and out of the shower.
- Arrange your furniture so you can maneuver easily from room to room.
If you do experience pain from a recent fall, call us. We’re here to help.